Thursday 11 October 2012

Habia una Vez - Korean wonders

Había una Vez is a korean bakery and cafe in Antonia Lopez de Bello, Patronato. There's one in Providencia too, right outside the Pedro de Valdivia metro station, but I like the one in Patronato better.



I found out about it because my friends and I are into hallyu (korean culture fever), so we often visit Patronato's korean mini-market searching for new marvellous stuff (I like their K-Pop related food goods, their aloe vera drinks and their pizza flavoured snacks).

One day, about two years ago, my best friend came from Patronato saying there was a new korean cafe we should visit. I was curious, so I joined her on a different ocassion. I was amazed by the fantastic concept of the decoration, which had a fairy tale feeling.


Then, I fell in love with their cakes and their food. After we sat down, I was even more seduced by the excellent branding job they did: everything had their logo printed, and they had (still do) a customer card to win points each time one makes a purchase. Those points are printed in the card as pesos, which is great, because eventually one can exchange the points for a beef croquette or a few macarrons (yes, the french sweets).




I go once a month, or once every two months, because it's not exactly cheap to eat there. The average amount is about $ 4.000 per person (though I bring my own drinks and only buy beef or chicken croquettes or sandwhiches, so I only spend like $ 1.000~$ 2.000). The price is worth the quality and the great experience, though. I'd rather go to Habia una Vez than to Starbucks, for example.

The last time I went was last week with my best friend; I spent all my money because we found new great stuff in the korean mini-markets, and we had some exclusive hot dog braids at Habia una Vez. My friend also bought soju (korean licuor) and a green tea piece of cake.

Once I get my next PAE, I'm going to spend it there!
You should go too! Here's their website --> http://cafehabiaunavez.com/home/

3 comments:

  1. the place sounds very cool, and the food looks delicious, thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Sounds great. I haven't been to Patronato recently so I'll make a point of checking it out. I went to a Korean restaurant there a couple of years back but didn't eat anything because the menu was in Korean and, supposedly, all the dishes had meat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have heard from this place alot, it might worth checking out. I went to another korean cafe near that place, i don´t remember the name but the cakes and snacks where really good.

    ReplyDelete