Thursday 18 October 2012

VAMPS in Chile

VAMPS  is a japanese band formed in 2008 by Hyde, vocal in the legendary band L'arc~en~Ciel since 1991, and KAZ, guitarrist in Oblivion Dust. Their bassist and their drummer are not listed as part of the band, I'm not sure why.

I have been in love with Hyde and his music since I was about six years old (no kidding), when I used to watch the anime series D・N・A² with my older brother and its opening song was L'arc~en~Ciel 'Blurry eyes'. I fell in love with his voice first, and I didn't get to see how he looked like until a few later, when I became an otaku and searched for pictures of the band (not that he looked really atractive in that video anyways).

So two years ago, when my friends started spazzing on Facebook because Noix Producciones announced he was coming to Chile with VAMPS, AND they managed to release their album named 'Beast' in Feriamix, AND they were going to record the concert to make a DVD as part of their world tour (where Brazil and Chile were the lucky ones in South America), I didn't doubt to buy my ticket. It was just for tribune, but it was worth not having to deal with the crazy chicks killing each other at the V.I.P area, right in front of the stage.


The concert was held at Teatro Caupolicán, in San Diego street. I attended with two of my best friends. It's always the three of us anyways, we're like the most hardcore ones in our group of friends (all J-Rock and Hallyu stans).






It was really good, even though Hyde kept trying to sing in a harsh style and sometimes his voice would sound out of tune, but it was ok, because we were too happy to see him live.



Eventually the fangirls started screaming for the other band members aswell, but Hyde owns our hearts by far. Besides, all asian artists learn some spanish so they can say a couple of things to us, such as 'I love you all', but Hyde learned how to say 'I want to eat chilean people'. He also faked an orgasm... or at least I think he faked it. We all left the Caupolican with huge smiles in our faces.

I hope he would come with L'arc en Ciel soon. I will buy an expensive ticket if that ever happens!



2 comments:

  1. amazing!

    I saw the video and this band sounds very good...

    Really amazing VAMPS !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked it! Their discography is not that huge, but it's worth listening to!

      Delete