Thursday 22 November 2012

Bridget Jones's diary

The first time I watched 'Bridget Jones's diary' was when I was 12 years old or so, back when it was released. Everytime we went to our country place in Curacavi we'd rent a few movies to pass the weekend. I had watched the trailer and, since I love comedies, I decided to give it a try. It turned out really good; I liked it and I enjoy it every single time I catch it on the TV again. 

This is a romantic comedy  about 'a British woman is  determined to improve herself while she    looks for love in a year in which she keeps a personal diary', based in the homonymous novel by Helen Fielding. 

The screen version was starred by Renée  Zellweger as Bridget Jones, Hugh Grant as Daniel Cleaver and Colin Firth as Mark Darcy. I loved the job they all did (not to mention the minor parts, which were just as great), and I admired Renée's effort, since she's from the United States, yet she pulled out a nice british accent. I  don't know why they didn't choose a british actress (well, the rest of the cast IS british...), but this movie really got me into her other movies. 

I strongly recommend this film if you like a good laugh to sarcastic situations and a main character's intrinsic silliness. 

Here's the trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQdy98B1nf0

No comments:

Post a Comment